The U. S. National Tick Collection at the James H. Oliver, Jr., Institute for Coastal Plain Science (Georgia Southern University) and the CDC Southeastern Center of Excellence in Vector Borne Diseases are offering the a 2019 Tick Workshop at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, GA) from May 20-31, 2019.
- Tick systematics, identification, classification, population genetics, phylogeography (morphological and molecular taxonomy).
- Visit of the U.S. National Tick Collection
- Tick ecology, behavior
- Field collecting experience
- Tick anatomy, physiology
- Tick surveillance methods
- Spatial modeling of distribution
- Tick Control
- Tick-Borne diseases: bacterial (Lyme, rickettioses, anaplasmoses, ehrlichioses), viral, and protozoic, including, clinical aspects, diagnosis, microbiology, ecoepidemiology.
For more information, and to register for this 2-week training, please visit: https://cosm.georgiasouthern.edu/usntc/center-of-excellence-tick-workshop-2019/